JoinStreamline your online collaborations
To become a KAFE member, your organization is either a university or a research institution in Korea. See below for more information. The terms of KAFE membership are subject to change.
Terms of KAFE membership
- KREONET Communities and KISTI Partner Organizations in the area of higher education and research institutes
- Other higher education and research institutions can join KAFE by signing the KAFE Federation Agreement
- Organizations satisfying the joining conditions of KAFE identity providers
- Cloud/Web service providers where service category is in the area of education, research, and/or collaboration
KAFE provides two levels of federations: the Production Federation (PF) and Test Federation (TF). Service providers and identity providers are required to test connections and verify the operation of their deployment under the TF environment. After the test and verification complete, they can move toward the PF environment.
How to join
We do not accept identity providers overseas except for entities in eduGAIN.
- Submit the application form and metadata of your service provider to firstname.lastname@example.org
KAFE participants must ensure full compliance with the main body and technical profile of KAFE policy document. In case of discrepancy between the Korean and English versions, the Korean version shall prevail and be treated as the correct version.
In principle, federation metadata files published by KAFE will be updated every 12 hours. Each metadata is valid for 7 days after publication and thus an entity-side renewal of metadata shall be done every 7 days or less. KAFE recommends members download and refresh federation metadata within less than 4 days.
1. Metadata publication
2. Metadata signing certificatehttps://fedinfo.kreonet.net/cert/kafe-fed.crt.
Use the following commands to validate the KAFE certificate.
#> openssl x509 -in kafe-fed.crt -noout -fingerprint -sha256
eduGAIN is an inter-federation service interconnecting research and education identity federations. KAFE has been a member of eduGAIN since 2016.